Wednesday 1 April 2015

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer Review & Swatch

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX07.
You have no idea how long I have been lusting over this bad boy.
Ever since I first saw Jen Frmheadtotoe mention it in a video years ago.

I purchased this from SpaceNK for £38.

This tiny pot contains 18g of product. Though there might not be a lot, do not worry.
This product is densely pigmented, you only need the teeny tiniest amount.

I have the shade SX07, which is only slightly lighter than my skin tone. I'd say the shade is comparable to the Nars shade Fiji. I'm the shade Punjab in Nars foundations and I can get away with Fiji.

The texture is very thick and creamy. As you can see from the swatch, it provides a total full coverage.
The Sensual Skin Enhancer is a must try for anyone suffering from skin discolorations such as hyperpigmentation, rosacea and melasma.
However, do not expect this to hide texture, nothing hides texture.
It will conceal pigmentation from acne scarring, but texture and dry skin do not fair so well.
So ensure you are well exfoliated and moisturized beforehand.
I have oily combo skin and it lasted all day and did not budge. So, lasting power is definitely not an issue.

Is it good for under eye concealing?
I would say no. As this product is thick and clings to texture and dryness. This is not the best product for under the eyes. It is far too heavy and would settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Which exacerbates any problems you were trying to hide in that area in the first place.

This product can also be used as a tinted moisturizer when mixed with your moisturizer. However, I have not tried this myself so I cannot comment too much about it.
Furthermore, you can also mix this with any foundation you would like to add extra coverage too.
Personally, I just like to use it just as a concealer. This is because I prefer to just conceal blemishes, rather than making the entire face full coverage, as I feel it looks too much like a mask. I like to see some of my skin showing through, as it looks more natural.

At £38 it is definitely not affordable. However, I have never found anything before that provides as much coverage as this does. Not even the MUFE Full Cover Concealer.

Though just a warning for anyone with sensitive skin and/or a vegan, this product does contain Mineral Oil, Beeswax, Fragrance and Methylparaben.
The ingredients list as a whole isn't very outstanding.

I have to admit, by the end of the day my face was feeling itchy. My guess is that was caused by the fragrance and paraben. 
So at the moment I am torn as to whether to keep it or ditch it.
I love the coverage, but not the ingredients or the itching =/

Overall, I would rate this product
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment