Tuesday 24 March 2015

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set Vol 2 Review

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set Vol 2
£56.95
I purchased this set from Love Make Up...why?
Jeez look at it!
I had actually been lusting over the first edition, but changed my mind when this set was released.
I much prefer the brush selection in this set compared to its predecessor.

104/Buffer Brush - This is a synthetic flat top kabuki. It is very comparable to the Sigma F80. However, I'm pleased to say this is actually better. The brush is the same size as the F80, though this brush is much denser and much much softer than the Sigma.

126/Luxe Cheek Finish - This is a paddle type brush that is made with a mix of synthetic and natural hair. Personally, not my favourite type of brush for blush. This brush can apply colour quiet intensely, so beware and use i a patting motion instead.

109/Luxe Face Paint - This is a flat contour brush. It is similar to the Real Techniques 301 Flat Contour. The RT is much more dense and soft, as it is made entirely of synthetic hair. The 109 is the synthetic/natural mix again, it is not as dense or soft and flays out a little more. For a sharp intense contour, I suggest the RT 301. For a more blended out contour, the 109 is perfect.

228/Luxe Crease - A fluffy crease brush, perfect for blending. The Sigma E40 has longer bristles. The problem with these Luxe finish brushes made of synthetic and natural, is that they loose their shape quickly. I have washed mine a handful of times and the bristles are out of shade and all flayed out. This is good for blending, but not if you require a precise look.

226/Smudger - Short bristle brush. This is synthetic and well packed. It is the perfect size for smudging work on the lower lash line.

234/Luxe Smoky Shader - Another luxe finish brush with a round taper. Around the same size as the Sigma E55. However, this brush is more suited for softer looks. For packing on colour, you're better off using the 226/Smudger.

317/Wing Liner - It is a slanted eyeliner brush. This brush is very fine and precise. However, I wish the angle wasn't quiet so harsh. As, it makes it a little awkward to maneuver. A more gentle angle would have worked better. 

322/Brow Line - This is a synthetic angled brow brush. I love this brush and use it every time I use the Anastasia Dip Brow. The bristles are short and form a long gentle angle. It is a great size brush that quickens application.

These brushes are much shorter than the Sigma brushes and the handle is very lightweight. I must admit, it does add a sense of bad quality to it.
The overall aesthetic of these brushes however are wonderful. I'm such a sucker for Rose Gold.
However, I would love these better if they were around £10 cheaper. Though I suppose the Rose Gold pouch that they come with adds to the cost. It's pretty, I would have liked an option to purchase minus the pouch.
If these weren't Rose Gold, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase.
They're a cute little splurge though.

I rate these brushes
6.5/10
It would have scored higher if they were all synthetic. I'm not big on the luxe/natural bristles.





No comments:

Post a Comment