Tuesday 24 March 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks Review & Swatches

There are a multitude of the liquid lipstick out on the market these days. From drugstore brands such as MUA and Rimmel. To higher end brands such as Lime Crime and Kat Von D.
To be honest I actually hate the feeling of matte lips. But, I can't deny the intensity and staying power of these liquid lipsticks.
So, I'm beginning to dabble in them.
Here I have the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks in Heather and Retro Coral.

Heathers is a rich neutral red. It's almost vampy, but not quiet.
I purchased this shade because 1. Heather...the name...I had to as it just reminded me of the film 'Heathers'.
2. It's a stunning shade. And who doesn't love a red.

Rerto Coral is an almost neon pastel coral. I purchased this shade as it's lovely fun shade perfect for spring. And perfect for creating cute KPop looks.

As you can see, the pigmentation is insane. But, just to warn you. You will have to make sure that your lips are exfoliated and well hydrated, as Retro Coral can accentuate lines on your lips.
The lasting power is fantastic. I have ate and drank with these on and they do not budge. However, you can't expect anything to last through a greasy meal like KFC.

I purchased these bad boys through the Anastasia website for $20 each, plus $17.95 shipping.
Unfortunately, on top of this I was charged with £15 customs. I blame Anastasia.
Why?
Because they marked the package at $1 value...really?....REALLY?
Of course customs is going to open it up and look if you mark it that low.
I did contact Anastasia about this but they were very little help.
So, just be aware of being hit with customs charges.
Though, you may get lucky and it just goes through without a hitch.
I think I shall wait until they are readily available in the UK before I purchase another.

I rate these
7/10
Marks taken off for Anastasia's unhelpfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment