Wednesday 19 November 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette Review

Holy cow this purchase hurt the bank account. But, boy was it worth it!
A limited edition palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Blush, the groundbreaking blush that creates seamless, soft-focus and multidimensional colour.
PARABEN FREE-TALC FREE-FRAGRANCE FREE-NANOPARTICLE FREE-GLUTEN FREE 

So I had been eyeing this up for while, it's not like I could get away from it. 
Many beauty blogger's/vlogger's have already talked about this palette and so it is all over beauty land. 
But, I was too chicken to commit and make the purchase. The price tag of £56 did frighten me somewhat. I mean, I already spend a ridiculous amount on Memeboxes and at £56, I could have gotten several memeboxes.
I know what you may be thinking...are you mad? Spending £56 on a palette for yourself this close to Christmas...I know I'm a terrible person!
However, I blame the ladies on Facebook, as they are absolute enablers!
Just kidding, they understand the pain of needing something because it's so pretty haha.
Plus, it was already sitting in my basket on the SpaceNK site. So, on a sudden (by sudden I mean always) moment of weakness I went ahead and checked out.


For the longest time I had this notion that these shades were not going to be pigmented, be too sheer and too glowy to be compatible with my oily skin. 
Yes, yes I have seen many a video made about this product. But, I guess you could say I was making excuses for myself to resist the stunning packaging...I mean look at it.
So now I have this palette and have had the chance to play around with it...well...I stand corrected.
It sure does live up to it's claims.



This image really does not serve the shades any justice!
The products are soft, silky and pigmented. I was extremely surprised, obviously because I had been telling myself they are sheer and would not show up on my tan-ish skin.
But, all I needed was 1 single quick tap of my brush into this product (no swirling) and the bristles had more than enough product on them.
Furthermore, they are soft, without being powdery and are so incredibly pigmented, but do not be alarmed. 
The silky consistency means that it is a joy to blend out. 
It is a breeze to apply compared to my beloved Tarte blushes, which are pigmented but a little harder to blend and can get patchy when blended too much.

The first shade in this palette is Luminous Flush - A champagne rose blush, fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer day or night.
This is a pretty rose pink shade, perfect for that just come back in from the cold outdoors flushed look. Don't let the word 'glimmer' frighten you. Be rest assured it is actually a glow.

The second shade is Incandescent Electra - A cool peach blush blended with Incandescent Light for a celestial glow.
A beautiful light peachy shade, perfect for Spring & Summer. I love me some peachy shades.

Finally is Mood Exposure - A soft plum blush, fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion.
This shade reminds me of a rosier version of Tarte's Exposed blush. Perfect for Fall & Winter.

All 3 shades give off a beautiful glow from within, no metallic sheen or glittery malarkey going on here!
I can definitely see what they mean by soft focus.

As you can see, not a single shimmer particle in sight. Just a beautiful ethereal glow.


In the selfie's above, I used all 3 shades from the palette. I used Mood Exposure towards the outer upper cheek area, Luminous Flush for the main cheekbone area and then Incandescent Electra towards the apple's of my cheeks.
It creates a beautiful blush contour effect.
These shade's are just angelic, I am so in love with them. I'm quiet upset at myself for taking so long to finally get my hands on them
Just like with my obsession with Tarte blushes, I feel the need to collect the other Ambient Lighting Blush shades haha. It would be even more amazing if they put the other shades into a similar palette, or release a new palette with new shades altogether. I wouldn't even hesitate purchasing them now.
Shout out to Vanessa of http://vanessaswhimsicalworld.co.uk
&
for enabling me haha.

If I had a million thumbs, then I would give this palette a million thumbs up!

I hope you enjoyed my somewhat excited review and thanks for looking ^.^

2 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Very very tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning palette...it makes you look like you're glowing from within.

      Delete