Wednesday 12 November 2014

Battle of the Peeling Gels

Hey folks, today I have a review of 3 different peeling gels that I have been rotating through and testing out.

And if you are unaware of what a peeling gel is, it is pretty much a gentle exfoliator. It usually comes as a cream/gel consistency that you massage onto dry skin. 
During the process of massaging it in, it begins to ball up and it helps to gently exfoliate away any dead skin and claims to help with skin turnover.

So let us go ahead and take a look at the contestants. I will begin from meh to amazeballs.


At 3rd place is the Secret Nature From Jeju Peeling Gel.

Description
It contains Cellulose & volcanic clay, it claims to remove dead skin cells, other toxins and helps with skin turnover.
It also contains Jeju complex & vegetable extracts to purify tired and stressed skin caused by external environment.
This was gifted to me by Kitty, but you can find it online for around $15.

My Thoughts
This peeling gel has a watery consistency with a tan colour. The scent is identical to the rest of it's siblings in the From Jeju line.
I found that this peeling gel didn't ball up as much as the other two peeling gel's I have. Therefore, I believe this would be better suited to individuals with skin sensitivity, as it is so gentle. Furthermore, it is made from natural ingredients, so it will not aggravate sensitive skin.

At 2nd place is the Banila Co Claypatra Facial Peeling Scrub


Description
This peeling scrub contains 100% natural mud extracted from the Dead Sea, honey extract, edelweiss flower extract, chamomile flower extract & papaya fruit extract.
The natural mineral grain of mud effectively absorbs and remove impurities, sebum and dead skin cells without causing irritation.
It helps to create a bright and transparent skin tone and is free of artificial colour, animal extracts, mineral oil, silicon and benzophenone.
I received this in the Banila Co memebox, but you can also find this online for around $15.

My Thoughts
This product has slightly thicker consistency to the previous peeling gel and it smells like a clay mask. Although it contains Dead Sea mud, it does not feel gritty whatsoever. But, as you can see from the image above, it balled up a lot more.
I found it to be the most exfoliating of all 3 peeling gels and it leaves your skin almost squeaky clean. Therefore, dry skin ladies may not enjoy this as much.

And in 1st place is the Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel

Description
Lemon water and lemon extracts with high level of Vitamin C provide deep hydration and helps to smooth out uneven skin complexion by peeling away impurities. This Peeling Gel is very effective for de-toxifying and brightening the skin.


I purchased this from a friend, though it can be found on the Memeshop. However, I advice against purchasing it from the Memeshop as their service is horrendous and you can find it on ebay for a lot cheaper. On the Memeshop it retails for $16 (filthy robbing bastards) and on the Beautynet Korea site it retails for around $9.

My Thoughts
This product also has a watery consistency with a scent that reminds me of lemon sherberts.
It is a good exfoliator, though not as deeply exfoliating as the Banila Co Claypatra.
The factor that helps push this item to first place is the fact that it is so moisturizing. Honestly, after using this product my face felt like a baby angel's butt. It is straight up AMAZEBALLS!!!
I believe this product would be great for anyone, but dry skin ladies would love it more due to its moisturizing benefits.
I had heard a few ladies raving about this product and good ol Lorna on UK Memebox Lovers Swaps & Sales had it up for grabs, so I snatched it up. And I'm so glad I did.

I hope you enjoyed this battle of the peeling gels post. However, it may be updated at a later point as I believe I will be receiving another peeling gel in the Little Mermaid memebox. So, we shall see if that pushes the Lemon D-Toc of its top spot.
For now, goodbye and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment