Tuesday 10 February 2015

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palatte Swatches

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette...soooo excited.
I had been contemplating purchasing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette for a while. However, swatches online always seemed far too warm to be true contour shades.
So, when I saw this palettes more cool neutral shades, I knew this was the one for me.

The packaging is very sturdy and hard, with a magnetic closure. It also has good size mirror, which almost spans the whole palette.
However, the lid does fold back, meaning the mirror does not sit up on it's own and must be propped up.

The shade names are displayed on the back of the palette, rather than alongside the pans themselves. 

The top row consists of matte highlights, with the bottom matte contour shades.


The highlight pans contains 0.08oz of product each.
Lucid - Pinkish Nude
Lyric - Yellow Beige
Levitation - Soft Peach. Neutral flesh tone.
I would have preferred these shades to be a little more pigmented, as you can see. They all look almost identical.

The shade pans contain 0.16oz pf product each.
Sombre - True Taupe. Next to it is a small swatch of the NYX Blush in Taupe and as you can see they are almost identical. Sombre being slightly warmer toned.
Shadowplay - Soft Brown. More of a bronzing shade,as it is the warmest of the three shades.
Subconscious - Deep Brown. A chocolate shade perfect for deeper ladies.

These powders are very soft, buttery and are extremely pigmented, so make sure to use a light hand. However, they blend with incredible ease.
Unfortunately, as they are so soft they do kick up quiet a lot of powder. So, be prepared to get a little messy.

This palette is brilliant for any contouring enthusiast or pro's.
However, if you are a beginner in contouring I would stick the NYX Blush in Taupe, as this palette is very pigmented and it would be easy for a beginner to overdo it.

Overall, this is a lovely palette...though I would have loved it even more if it didn't cost $46
Will I be keeping this baby...nope. I do enjoy this palette. However, I do not contour enough to justify having it sit in my collection, though I am glad to have played around with it.

7/10

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see a review from you hun, you're always so brutally honest and I love it! I'm glad I waited on this one - I love Kat's eyeshadow palette's, but I don't love contouring enough to jump on this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aaw thank you muchly. Honesty is the way forward ^.^

      Delete