Saturday 19 July 2014

Innisfree No Sebum VS Rivecowe Sebum Control


If you are like myself and love Korean beauty products. Then you would have undoubtedly have heard of the Innisfree No Sebum line at some point.
It is renowned for it's oil absorbing prowess.
I have the one in the compact version rather than the loose powder, as it is more travel friendly. It's only a small compact and so it is very handy. I find that it does it's job very well. I am a super oily girl and my face breaks out into a disco ball within the hour. This product keeps me shine free for a lot longer.

However, I have recently received a new product in one of the MEMEBOXES that rival's the Innisfree No Sebum compact. And that product is the Rivecowe Sebum Control Compact.
I had not heard of the brand Rivecowe until I had received this product in the MEMEBOX. I have to say that so far...I'M LOVING IT!

Let's take a look into the similarities and differences of these two products.

As you can see from the image above, the packaging is identical. The colour being the only difference.
However, the Innisfree contains 8.5g of product, whereas the Rivecowe only has 8g.
The Innisfree is made of Jeju Island natural mineral mint ingredients. It is also free of parabens, talc, artificial colouring, animal ingredients, mineral oil or artificial flavours (which I guess they mean fragrance)
The Rivecowe boasts of containing 8 herbs, which are Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme, Mint, Borage, Sage, Jasmine and Chamomile. Furthermore, it is also paraben free.
Neither products contain spf, which I guess is good if you plan on wearing it during flash photography. Otherwise, I suggest applying sunscreen beforehand.

They both have a decent mirror, plastic protector and a puff.

As you can see here, the products themselves are different. The Innisfree has a pattern engraving and the Rivecowe is just a plain flesh tone.

 I'm sorry that this is not the best swatch photo in the world. However, both products are described as sheer.
I can definitely say that the Innisfree (right side) applies onto the skin translucent and is very very matte. Sometimes a little too matte for my liking, so it is best applied lightly.

On the other hand, the Rivecowe (left side) has a slightly creamier texture and offers a very light coverage. Which, actually makes me prefer the Rivecowe as it is great for those day's where you just don't want too much fuss. I usually wear it with just concealer underneath and that is all I need. It too does a good job at mattifying the skin, but is not as dry as the Innisfree.
I enjoyed this product so much, that I purchased the Moisture Two Way Cake to see if the rest of the line was as good. That ladies & gentlemen will be my next review.

All in all, both products are great and do their purpose well. I suggest the Rivecowe if you're more of a fuss free kind of person and the Innisfree when you really need an oil absorbing superhero to go on top of your usual make up routine.

Rivecowe 8/10
Innisfree 7/10

Thanks for looking ^.^

1 comment: